The restrictions by national governments around the world have been about the same so far, but now started to differ from country to country. Depending on the local circumstances with the COVID-19, some countries have lifted their lockdowns partially or allow people to go out conditionally, and economic activities are going back toward the normal state step by step. However, many countries still ban indoor activities. We will have to wait a little longer before we can fully return to our regular Shorinji Kempo practice. Also, the recent news reported mass infections occurred in China’s Wuhan and South Korea. These countries were thought that the virus was nearly eradicated.
On the whole, the COVID-19 cannot be eradicated easily; people’s careless acts may bring a possibility of a second outbreak, as wise people as you are well aware. You have been patiently staying at home for nearly two months with very limited freedom in your normal daily activities, in going to work, and in practicing Shorinji Kempo. To avoid wasting all these efforts, I believe what is required for us is calm assessment.
If you plan to resume your regular Shorinji Kempo practice, grading examinations, or various events, please check the guidelines below as the minimum conditions.
Each time I see the news reports on the tremendous work provided by health professionals and on the new medicines or vaccines being developed by medical institutes, I am assured that the current situation will not last forever. I believe you feel the same. Let’s all stay strong for a little longer to overcome the situation.
If you have any questions, please ask the WSKO Secretariat.
World Shorinji Kempo Organization (WSKO)
[ Topics ]
- Guidelines for Resuming Shorinji Kempo Promotional Activities Under this pandemic, WSKO gives the top priority to the safety and health of all the members, their families, and people concerned, because I am sure that this will be the base for our prosperity movement toward establishing the ideal society.
Therefore, please check the items below and give it a careful consideration before you decide to re-start your activities.
If you see any other matters to be considered, please give them your careful attention.
(1) Official announcements of WHO
(2) Safety announcement is declared by your government (the ministry of health or equivalent), or rules such as stay-at-home order or banned indoor activities are lifted or eased.
(3) If you are in a Regular Group Member (a national federation), please discuss in the federation and reach an agreement.
(4) If you are in an Associate Group Member (a country without a national federation), please discuss with the senior members of your branch. If there are neighboring branches, please also discuss with them.
(5) Agreement is made with the facility you use for your branch activities.
- “Shorinji Kempo Group Channel” on YouTube Some videos of solo embu or lectures are posted on the above channel.
They are not educational materials but this channel is provided as supplement to easy at-home self-practice for kenshi in Japan.
Therefore, we do not plan to cover the techniques following the curriculums or to add subtitles in languages other than Japanese.
I believe that indoor activities are limited in many countries like in Japan. Planning and giving on-line training classes as you do in regular classes are encouraged.
(For Item 3, please read the e-mail sent from the WSKO Secretariat to Branch Masters)